Why go to Atlanta Airport?
Domestic flights are sometimes cheaper from Atlanta than from Greenville airport. Getting to Atlanta can cost about $80 – $90, and takes longer, so I only recommend flying out of Atlanta if you are saving more than $100. Also, this is foolproof only if your flight is after 12 PM.
How do you get to Atlanta Airport?
Follow the directions at this link: Google Navigation
- You will take an Amtrak train to Atlanta Peachtree Station from Clemson Amtrak Station at 5.40 AM. Book Tickets here. The coach seat usually costs between $28 – $35.
- You will then take a bus from this Station to the Marta local train station. This costs $2
- From the Marta station, you take a train to ATL, which is the last stop and reach around 9 AM. This costs $5
How do I get back to Clemson?
- The Amtrak can be late. Sometimes it is late by as much as 2 – 3 hours.
- Security Check In at Atlanta can take more than an hour during peak hours.
- If your flight is taking off before 12 AM, there is a risk you can miss the train.
- If you miss the Amtrak train while coming back to Clemson, and don’t have a a place to live. Ask on the CISA group. We have alumni in Clemson who may allow you to crash for a night and take the train the next day.
- If you miss or don’t take the Amtrak, your ticket amount is refunded to you, so make sure you get it back.